These days, it seems like everyone has a smartphone. After all, how else are you going to stay connected to friends, family, and the outside world? Plus it’s got a ton of games to keep you busy when things get dull. But your phone is more than just a high-tech toy; it can be an amazing resource for students. Here are some great apps for students that will turn their phone into an educational powerhouse!
- Dropbox: We can’t overstate how useful this app is. It allows students to store files, photos, notes, and other data in one secure location. Best of all, it’s easy to set up group folders to work on projects with your classmates. Finally, group work will be a breeze!
- Any.Do: A to-do list can mean the difference between staying on top of your assignments and floundering in a seas of obligations. Any.Do lets you organize your schedule by priority or due date, so you never fall behind on things. You can sync up your list across all your devices, so you’ll always have it handy to keep you focused.
- Dictionary.com: All those essays, assignments, and papers can leave you feeling like English is an entirely foreign language. Keep you writing snappy (and make sure you actually understand what you’re saying) with this handy app that will smooth out those linguistic issues we all face from time to time.
- DuoLingo: Want to learn a new language in your spare time (or improve your grade in your Spanish class)? Then you’ll love DuoLingo. The free app has dozens of languages that you can learn, and presents material in a fun and fast way. You can determine the speed and intensity of the learning process, so it never seems like a chore. Before you know it, you’ll be speaking another language with ease!
- EasyBib: Have you ever written a sensational paper, but worried about messing up the style and format of the bibliography? Now you can hand in your assignments confident that your citations are on point thanks to EasyBib. This free app formats your citation in MLA, APA, Chicago and even some less commonly used styles so you’ll always have your sources perfectly prepared.
- iTunes U: If you’re a devoted Apple lover, then you’ll adore this chance to enhance your educational experience. iTunes U allows you to sit in on classes from universities across the country and the world. The free app lets you learn at your own pace, and experience courses and academic environments from all over the world. It’s an amazing education at no additional cost!